Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Intention does NOT equate Execution - whomever said 'It's the thought that counts', you're wrong...

Last night, it hit me. I'm so full of intention. So much desire. So many ideas. All of that outweigh the amount of things I'm able to execute in one day. So I need some trimming here... please help! I need to trim my thoughts, my waist line, my hair! Trim trim trim!
"Dream"

This is Chinese for 'DREAM'. It's good to dream. For when we dream, we free our thoughts from shackles of reality. But at the same time, when we're too full of intention without action, the thought alone cannot free us. I drew a little diagram today and shared it with two persons. They agreed with me. Each day these days, we prepare proposals (intention) and send it via email to prospects. That alone, is insufficient action to warrant positive feedback. So what do we do? We follow up with some phone calls, meetings, research, discussions (action).

I've been thinking and wanting to run a cafe since I graduated from Uni. I can't explain why I have this desire. But for the longest time, I've thought about it. Yet, I haven't done anything towards this dream except dream. I'm the type of person who would ponder on something for a long long time before taking action. And I will take action once I'm certain that it is what I want.

Persistence of Memory by Salvador Dali

It's the thought that counts. 
Is that thought so wrong? 

Last week when I visited my business coach, he ticked me off (finally!!) for being late. I was 10 minutes late! Last month, I would show up 30 minutes late, month before 45 minutes late. He had every right. And I hated the feeling of being late. I vowed never to be late again for him. Or for anyone else. It's hard though, to keep that commitment. The intention was there. I even woke up an hour earlier to ensure I'd get there on time. How come then, was I late? I'm baffled too.


I will not be late. I will see through my intentions.

If I think of someone I care for, and think of buying them a gift. Is that sufficient? I love gifts. Thinking about buying someone a gift and actually doing it, are two different things. Once the thought is acted on, the intention becomes real. And the receiving party is aware of the initial thought.


So give a gift. Call that person you thought of in the morning. Say sorry for being late. Go for that sabbatical you so need. Do things but weigh it out first. Trim your life. Focus. Let's live the best we can!

1 comment:

Glenn Hannan said...

Nice article it's very helpful information. Thanks for sharing. And I hope you keep sharing such information Body Code Practitioner near me

Don't wait for me

I return to that land we once played as twenty-somethings, I call you and we catch up like we were riding on a Tangara from Redfern to the c...

Popular