Sunday, March 13, 2016

I'll be seeing you... for my beautiful friend, Marleene


Alfatihah and may she rest in peace. Marleene was an amazing friend. Steadfast strong, a nurturer, caring and thoughtful, graceful and such a gentle soul. And boy oh boy was she witty and sharp! Goodbye, M. You'll always be in my heart. Thank you for being my silent pillar of support all through the years. To her family that she's left behind, my condolences to each of you on your loss. I'm just so sorry she had to leave the building so soon while we're all still here looking out from behind glassed panes. She's likely looking at us, sending us a fly-kiss asking us to... just smile.
Marleene and son, Rizal


Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it’s breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you’ll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
You’ll see the sun come shining through for you
Smile and maybe tomorrow
Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
That’s the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what’s the use of crying?
You’ll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile
That’s the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what’s the use of crying?
You’ll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile

For friends, for our loss, I dedicate Charlie Chaplin's Smile sung by Nat King Cole. 


But that said, M would probably have preferred we listen to the Lily Allen version!!


For Marleene, my dear friend, this song is for you.


Rest peacefully, dear M.

No comments:

Don't wait for me

I return to that land we once played as twenty-somethings, I call you and we catch up like we were riding on a Tangara from Redfern to the c...

Popular