Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Going back to the 80s too much

Seriously - why do we go back to the 80s so much? What was it there that captured the hearts of so many? Do I speak for myself, a Gen-Xer who left her heart in Times Square on her first date with 15 friends tagging along and Molly Ringwald at the movies?

Then, there was the Adam Ant mob. Together with the two red stripes on his face, we would feel invincible walking up and down Bangsar's then strip of shops which comprised of the MinMax mini market which stocked my first skate board, Orange Julius burger chain, McDonald's, the handyman shop and several doctors clinics and hair dressers. That's my 80s story. There were Beano, Dandy and pinup posters from imported magazines shipped into the corner newsagency - where I'd spend most Saturday mornings flipping through them while mum was at the markets in Lucky Garden. So, the 80s were my formative years and I can't stop the music in my head. What an era of quirky fashion, electronic beats and nu ways of dancing! Some days I feel I'm still living in the 80s and can't imagine it was 40 years ago! Here's to an amazing era!


Duran Duran

HK's Leslie Cheung & Anita Mui - May their souls RIP

HK's Beyond

Madonna

Roxette


I've compiled this 80s music video playlist for all to enjoy!

No comments:

Don't wait for me

I return to that land we once played as twenty-somethings, I call you and we catch up like we were riding on a Tangara from Redfern to the c...

Popular